Scott has playfully pushed back against my nomination of myself as Best Troll of an Economics Blog 2016; you can read that and the comments if you are really committed to doing nothing productive for the next 15 minutes.
After that, I encourage you to consider just one more example of my trolling, on an EconLog post where Scott defended Gary Johnson’s “brain freeze”:
Charley Hooper wrote:
“Asking a libertarian to name their favorite world leader is like asking a vegan to name their favorite steakhouse.”
…and Scott applauded the analogy.
OK guys, that’s fine insofar as it goes, but let me make it more analogous to what actually happened:
(1) Two guys are running on the Vegan ticket. Chris Matthews asks them, “Name your favorite steakhouse.”
(2) The Vegan running for president is having a brain freeze. His VP says, “Ruth’s Chris” right away.
(3) The Vegan running for prez has recovered somewhat. “It’s um, the one that sounds like Willie Horton, but that’s not it…” Then the VP bails him out by prodding, “Morton’s.” The prez candidate lights up. “MORTON’S STEAKHOUSE, that’s what I was trying to come up with.”
(4) A day later, on Twitter, the Vegan running for president tweets out, “24 hours later, I still can’t think of a steakhouse I like.”
(5) People on leading vegan (small-v) websites applaud the honesty of their candidate.