* This Salon article on the apparent impotence of tax-rate cuts got me mad until the very end, when the author (Jared Bernstein) acknowledged all the possible confounding variables. In any event, it’s interesting how strong a case he can make that low marginal rates don’t lead to growth. (I co-authored a survey article for PRI where we found tons of academic papers showing that economic freedom is correlated with a strong economy, for what it’s worth.)
* This Lew Rockwell podcast with Chris Manion is really good. Topic: neocons.
* I realize Caplan doesn’t think much of the calculation argument (vs. incentive argument) against socialism, but not even a mention for poor Lu against the robotic Yglesias?!
* The anarchists are increasing their infiltration of social hierarchies. It’s all according to plan…
* I’m not sure how to process this case of the TSA saying it would ban all flights out of Texas if the “anti-groping bill” had passed. I think I can come up with extreme examples on both sides of the spectrum. (Assume for the moment that we don’t object to having federal and state governments.) I mean, suppose a TSA agent shoots somebody for looking at him funny. Can a Texas prosecutor charge him with murder? I leave the defense of the TSA as an exercise for the commenters.
* Oh yeah! A tribute to the Macho Man. Dig it?!
* Dick Clark the Younger is out with a pamphlet on resisting the State.